One of the goals of Airshare is to allow anyone, anywhere, anytime to gift fantastic products, services, and experiences from local merchants thereby giving local merchants reach, scale and, new sales not currently available to them. However, we prohibit certain types of items from the Airshare marketplace. Some items present legal risks to our community; others are inconsistent with our values, are harmful to our members, or simply are not in the spirit of Airshare. This policy explains what is prohibited or restricted in the Airshare Marketplace.
Merchants selling or providing prohibited items, and engaging in prohibited seller activities will be precluded from enrolling to participate in Airshare Merchant Services and / or will be removed from the Airshare Marketplace to maintain a safe buying venue for customers, and a fair selling environment for our merchants.
This policy is in addition to, and in no way limits, your other obligations pursuant to the Airshare Merchant Services Agreement. You can reference the Airshare Merchant Services Agreement at http://business.airshare.com/legal/merchant_services_agreement/
Prohibited Items List
We expect all Airshare Merchants to ensure that all their products and services are compliant with government regulations at the federal, state, and local level. This includes both the State of California as well as the state in which the customer and the seller reside. Sellers are responsible for keeping aware of any changes to these government regulations and ensuring their products and services remain in compliance.
Sellers providing items including, but not limited products and services in this list are precluded from enrolling to participate in Airshare Merchant Services:
- Adult Only products and services which include, but are not limited to pornography in any form of media, adult novelty products, sexual aids or toys.
- Animal and Wildlife Products. Household pet stores and pet food suppliers can enroll to participate in Airshare Merchant Services. Merchants who sell or provide products or services which include, but are not limited to the following are precluded from enrolling to participate in Airshare Merchant Services: Animal parts, pelts, skins, mounted specimens, taxidermy, fur, ivory, bone, organs, claws, teeth, shells, eggs, insects, and bear products are all prohibited.
- Artifacts, grave-related items, and Native American arts and crafts with historical value.
- Counterfeit items.
- Currency and stamps.
- Credit or debit cards.
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia including e-cigarettes, and vaporizers.
- Embargoed goods from prohibited countries currently listed by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Endangered or Threatened Species. Any Merchants providing products derived from endangered or threatened species as identified by the United States Fish & Wildlife Service are prohibited. Examples include, but are not limited to, pangolin, ivory, shark, tiger, whale, rhinoceros, dolphin, staghorn, elkhorn, coral, marine, and tortoise products.
- Firearms and Weapons (including but not limited to switchblade knives, butterfly knives, guns, gun parts, gun kits, ammunition, mace, pepper spray, black powder, stun guns and explosives).
- Fireworks & pyrotechnical devices.
- Government documents, IDs, and licenses including those from transportation industries.
- Human remains and body parts.
- Illegal and/or prescription drugs - illegal drug paraphernalia, or materials describing how to make illegal drugs.
- Items encouraging illegal activity – examples include an eBook describing how to create methamphetamine.
- Lock-picking devices.
- Lottery tickets.
- Mailing lists and personal information.
- Manufacturers' coupons.
- Medical devices – examples include contact lenses, pacemakers, and surgical instruments.
- Military ordinance.
- Multi-level marketing, pyramid, and matrix programs.
- Offensive material – examples include ethnically or racially offensive material and Nazi memorabilia.
- Pawn shops.
- Police-related items.
- Prohibited services.
- Recalled items.
- Sexuality – any products associated with sexuality including but not limited to toys, vibrators, lubricants, intimate care, furniture, condoms, contraception, sexual aids, or sensual/romance.
- Shipping-related items such as U.S. Postal Service (USPS) mailbags.
- Signal jamming (a.k.a. signal blockers) designed to block, jam, or interfere with authorized radio communications such as cell phones, GPS, police radar, and Wi-Fi as specified by U.S. Law. More information can be found on the FCC website at http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/jammer-enforcement
- Stolen property and property with removed serial numbers.
- Violent Items: Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify Violence.
Prohibited Seller Activities
These prohibited seller activities are established to maintain a safe buying venue for customers and a fair selling environment for our merchants. Failure to comply with the terms of this policy can result in the permanent removal from the Airshare Marketplace.
1. Attempts to Divert Transactions or Customers
Any attempt to circumvent the established Airshare Marketplace sales or redemption process or to divert Airshare customers to another website or mobile App is prohibited. Specifically, any emails, hyperlinks advertisements, marketing messages, etc. that lead, prompt, or encourage Airshare customers to leave the Airshare App are prohibited.
2. Unauthorized & Improper Seller Store Names
The Seller Store Name (identifying a seller’s business entity on Airshare Marketplace) must be a name that: accurately identifies the seller; is not misleading; and the seller has the right to use (that is, the name cannot include the trademark of, or otherwise infringe on, any trademark or other intellectual property right of any person; cannot be identical or similar to another company’s name protected by trademark law).
3. Direct Email Addresses
Customers and sellers may communicate with one another via the Airshare Messaging function, which assigns a unique Airshare Marketplace generated email addresses to both parties. Sellers are prohibited from providing or soliciting direct, non-Airshare Marketplace generated email addresses on Airshare Marketplace or in correspondence through the Airshare Messaging Service function.
4. Operating Multiple Seller Accounts
Operating and maintaining multiple seller accounts is prohibited. If you have a legitimate business need for a second account, you can apply for an exception to this policy.
5. Misuse of the Airshare Marketplace
All Merchants may access the functions that are provided by Airshare Marketplace via the Airshare Merchant Dashboard. If a Merchant is misusing or making excessive or unreasonable use of the Airshare Marketplace services, including but not limited to creating duplicate Merchant listings, Airshare may in its sole discretion restrict or block the Merchant’s access to product feeds or any other functions that are being misused until the Merchant stops its misuse.
Last updated: August 1, 2017